Malfunctioning Air Compressor Leads To Evacuation At Burnley-Moran

Malfunctioning Air Compressor Leads To Evacuation At Burnley-Moran

Photo: WINA

Burnley-Moran Elementary School (pictured) was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a light haze found in the gymnasium. There was no active fire. Charlottesville Fire Batallion Chief Rich Jones says there was a problem with a freon line from an air compressor. Jones says students initially were evacuated to school buses and then moved to part of the building that was away from the incident. The Burnley-Moran students returned to the building to resume the school day.


Latest Stories

in Sports

Eclectic mix of teams gear up for MLB postseason


From pitching powerhouses to aging warhorses, an eclectic cast of clubs are gearing up for MLB's playoff extravaganza.

in Entertainment, Sports

DraftKings, FanDuel defend integrity after insider bet


The two major U.S. sports fantasy companies are defending their businesses' integrity after an employee used insider information to place bets in the unregulated multi-billion-dollar industry.

in Sports

Controversial non-call denies Lions chance of first win


A controversial non-call may have cost the Detroit Lions their first win of the season following a wild finish to their 13-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday.