Fire Damages House In North Garden

Fire Damages House In North Garden

Photo: WINA

Fire damaged a home in North Garden early Friday. It happened at around 2:30 a.m. on Garden Path Lane. The wall ignited near a wood stove where the pipe goes into the chimney. Total damage is around $15,000. Firefighters had to rip open the wall near the stove. One firefighter was taken to the hospital as a precaution after feeling ill while battling the fire.


Latest Stories

in Local, Local Sports, UVA Sports

No. 12 Virginia Beats Lehigh 80-54

VSabre for web~1240x800 copy

Virginia rolls to an 80-54 win over Lehigh.

in Local, Local Sports, UVA Sports

UVA Women In Paradise Jam

Basketball (clipart)

Joanne Boyle's Cavalier Women head to the Paradise Jam.

in Albemarle County, Charlottesville City, Local, Surrounding Counties, UVA, UVA Sports

WINA Now Also On 98.9 FM

WINA New Logo

Newsradio 1070 WINA is now also available at 98.9 FM.